Re: Ubuntu+Enlightenment (Ebuntu) Project on Its Way

On Wed, 06 Sep 2006 17:02:29 -0700, markzoom wrote:

> Rick wrote:

>> > Mix and match what???? All the application SW is the fucking same.
>>
>> The windowing environments and managers are NOT.
>
> Well HOO-HAA.

So, you like looking stupid?

>> > Does this make sense to anyone out there?
>>
>> Yes, it does, but you have to be able to understand non-windows
>> operating systems.
>
> And had a very boring life.

No, you just have to be able to understand non-windows operating systems.

>> > Is it any wonder projects are failing all the time with this type of
>> > advocacy and thought process?
>>
>> Is it any wonder you are so clueless?
>
>>From where 97%+ of users are standing, all of desktop Linux is a
> failure. Looks more like Linuxers are clueless from outside your little
> fishtank.

No, it looks like you are an idiot.

>> > Dont you realise that this "mix and match" is what is screwing up
>> > Linux left, right & centre.
>>
>> Nothing is screwing up Linux right and left.
>
> It does it all by itself.

Nothing is screwing up Linux right and left.

>> > get something done *right*. Get it done finalised. The days of getting
>> > a stiffy from being able to "poke" a memory address to get some "neat
>> > trick" are long gone.
>>
>> Are you really this stupid and dishonest or is it just some game?
>
> ???

I guess you really are that stupid.

>> > If the linux code bases continue to branch at the rate they're doing
>> > so that some pimply programmer can reease his own WM or distro then
>> > theres no hope for any of us.
>>
>> .. or maybe you are just scared of uncontrolled information and
>> software.
>
> Sighh... what he is saying, halfwitted moron, is that an OS needs as many
> people as possible cooperating to produce ONE near-flawless OS, not every
> little geek or little gaggle of geeks stickytaping their own buggy toy
> "OS" together from old bits by themselves. Making a modern OS today is too
> big a job for any small group of dipsticks.

... like IBM, HP, OSDL, Novell, Red Hat ...

--
Rick
<http://ricks-place.tripod.com/sound/2cents.wav>