Re: [News] Vista Could Stall Web Traffic, NOT Only Due to DDOS Attacks and SPAM

After takin' a swig o' grog, Erik Funkenbusch belched out this bit o' wisdom:

> On Wed, 06 Sep 2006 13:10:36 -0500, Linonut wrote:
>
>> Cool.  So I'll get the hourglass slightly more often under Vista?  No
>> thanks.
>
> If you don't want IPv6 support, then just disable it.  Big deal.

Cool.  One fatal flaw, though.  I won't be using Vista.

Not for years.  Not until Vista becomes a common corporate desktop.

>> I will note, though, that, since moving to a different subnet in our
>> customer's network, the file-share access from Linux to my XP laptop has
>> improved in responsiveness.
>
> That should tell you something.  Something is wrong.

No shit, Sherlock.

Got a MSKB number for me?

>> I still get the hourglass in Visual Studio and Word file-dialogs,
>> however.
>
> There's likely a good reason.

No, there isn't.  Other applications, such as Borland C++ Builder, bring
up a file dialog that works just fine.

--
   Loose bits sink chips.