Re: [News] Vista Could Stall Web Traffic, NOT Only Due to DDOS Attacks and SPAM

__/ [ Jim Richardson ] on Thursday 07 September 2006 05:39 \__

> On Wed, 06 Sep 2006 16:17:48 +0100,
>  Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Will Vista stall Net traffic?
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| Thanks to new directory software, Windows Vista could put a greater load
>>| on Internet servers. But experts disagree over whether we're headed for a
>>| prime-time traffic jam or insignificant slowdown.
>> `----
>>
>> http://news.zdnet.com/2100-3513_22-6112338.html
>>
>> More expensive Internet for /all/ of us? I thought SPAM and DDOS attacks
>> were a morbid nuisance at their own right, due to the fragility of
>> Windows.
>

> Wait! there's still spam? about two years ago, BillG promised that spam
> would be gone in two years. What happened?

It's easier to retire and defend the fortune from taxation.

--
Can Mac OS X and Vista catch up? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYjv0S_k0xo
  7:05am  up 48 days 19:17,  8 users,  load average: 1.00, 1.19, 0.95