Re: Want Vista? Get a New High-end Computer. Want Aero Glass? Pay Another $100.

__/ [ Darth Chaos ] on Wednesday 06 September 2006 20:08 \__

> BearItAll wrote:
>
>> If I ran xandros or Linspire I would be preparing a major advertising
>> campaign for about a month after Vista is launched. Vista Ultimate at $259
>> or get the whole blooming lot from xandros or Linspire for $40.
>
> Yeah, but does Xandros and/or Linspire have the monetary resources to
> afford major multi-million-dollar advertising campaigns? If so, then
> the ads should clearly point out Vista's flaws and Windows' history of
> being prone to viruses, adware, and spyware (plus the fact that one
> Windows license is valid for only one computer) and advertise their
> products as adware-free, spyware-free, mostly virus-free, and the OS
> can be installed on as many PCs as you own.
>
> If they can't afford it, then they probably never will be able to
> afford to...they'll have to rely on the old Jack Tramiel method of
> advertising (sporadic TV spots, sporadic print ads, and mostly
> word-of-mouth).

Linspire's CEO receievd $20 million from Microsoft to concede the name
Lindows. He also sold his venture/company to Verizon for $700 million. In
any event, let Apple spend the money as they point out WIndows' weaknesses.
There are three new Mac ads coming out today. Seen it this afernoon.

Best wishes,

Can Mac OS X and Vista catch up? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYjv0S_k0xo
Mem:    514480k total,   482556k used,    31924k free,    33248k buffers