Re: [News] Vista Could Stall Web Traffic, NOT Only Due to DDOS Attacks and SPAM

After takin' a swig o' grog, Oliver Wong belched out this bit o' wisdom:

>     The switch from IPv4 to IPv6 is a *good* thing, and something we should
> have done a long time ago, but didn't due to backwards compatibility and
> momentum reasons. I think it's great that Microsoft is using some of their
> weight to help encourage this transition. Ideally, the switch will lead to
> simpler network topologies, and eliminate the need for NAT (network address
> translation).

I agree with Oliver on this one.  When Microsoft supports the right
technology, it can be a good thing.

NAT will be around forever, though.  Why?  How else can you provide
support for your own sneaky-net without pissing off the IT
powers-that-be?

--
   Windows XP is like a box of chocolates --
   you never know when the steel bolts are going to spring out and