[News] 64-Bit Windows Vista - Not What Microsoft Had Promised

How Microsoft Vista will cope with the real world

First Impressions Not all roses in the garden

,----[ Quote ]
| First off, I told you that RC1 was memory-hungry, right? Well, not only
| that, there is a minor bug in the software in that if you let the system
| manage the size of the pagefile, it doesn't allocate enough hard drive
| space. Best to go in and adjust the pagefile size manually. It's no big
| deal, but it will ensure you're not bombarded with messages about the
| system running low on virtual memory.

All in all, it sounds like pretty hard work for unsatisfactory outcome.
Thanks goodness for Linux, which makes all of this work 'out of the box'.