Re: [News] Wind River: Linux Will Reach Half of the World's Handsets

__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Wednesday 06 September 2006 15:11 \__

> begin  oe_protect.scr
>> Wind River Flying High With Linux
>>
>> ,----[ Snippet ]
>>| ...on the conference call, Wind River's management indicated that it
>>| signed a "major" contract with a handset maker. In fact, the company's
>>| Linux products are proving to be quite popular and the estimate is that
>>| more than half of all handsets worldwide will use Linux.
>> `----
>>
>> http://news.yahoo.com/s/fool/20060905/bs_fool_fool/115748334317
>
> They're doing business all over the place now;  linux is going to be the
> winner of the embedded game in fairly short order, I think.

When I initially saw the title, I thought they had struck a deal with another
airline/aircraft manufacturer/assembler. They have already brought GNU/Linux
to Boeing.

Best wishes,

Tux is sexy <
http://bbspot.com/Images/News_Features/2006/08/paris_hilton_tux.jpg >
Cpu(s):  19.1% user,   2.7% system,   0.9% nice,  77.3% idle