Re: Ubuntu+Enlightenment (Ebuntu) Project on Its Way

__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Wednesday 06 September 2006 14:29 \__

> begin  oe_protect.scr
>> __/ [ casioculture@xxxxxxxxx ] on Wednesday 06 September 2006 06:12 \__

>>> Yup. For real. There are a ton of those little window managers. We
>>> don't need a distro for each one of them.
>>
>> That's exactly what I thought. SUSE sports a lot of desktop environment,
>> with Opensuse themes and custom graphics for each. And it ships as 5 CD's
>> or a DVD.
>
> Well, Debian also has all of these options as standard anyway, but I
> think the temptation for the ubuntu CD makers is a nice reasonably
> stable snapshot a bit quicker than the somewhat lumbering debian project
> team could do it in.
>
> I'm a huge fan of debian, and use it almost exclusively, but I think
> these CDs are hitting a spot which Debian wasn't really addressing all
> that effectively.

You mean /free/ CD's? Someone is definitely hitting a spot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RpoWKpAL9Q

*gasp*

They should have known better. Sending the CD's to Gary Stewart was along a
bad idea.

Best wishes,

Tux is sexy <
http://bbspot.com/Images/News_Features/2006/08/paris_hilton_tux.jpg >
         run-level 5  Jul 20 12:15                   last=S