Re: google index - site removed

  • Subject: Re: google index - site removed
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2006 12:29:36 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
__/ [ Jez ] on Wednesday 06 September 2006 12:10 \__

> gamingbusiness@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> our site  http://officialbettingreview.com  was recently removed from
>> the google index, and I cannot understand why
>>
>> The only thing that has changed on our site, is new pages ( real pages
>> with real content )
>>
>> I dont believe our site is spammy
>>
>> The only other thing we had done differently was to submit google
>> sitemaps
>>
>> I am wondering why they removed the site, can anyone here offer any
>> insite?
>>
>> Thanks for any assistance.
>>
>> Ian
>>

> Hi Ian,
>
> I think that google is "losing" data again. My index page is no longer
> present on the UK only DC and a couple of internal index pages also are
> AWOL.

Really? I am glad you said this (patience... read on) because I suspect that
another wave of page dropping has begun recently. From about 1000 (text
search, Google) referrals a day and all of my pages indexed, I have now just
about 200 a day. This began happening 1-2 weeks ago. Pages are dropped and
the traffic continues to decline, accordingly.

Meanwhile, Tonnie and I have been in touch with Matt Cutts several times, in
order to report hundreds or thousands of spam content Web sites with tens of
thousands of pages in each. Some of them relied on typos for traffic and
probably depended on AdSense for revenue. But this catchup chase was
hopeless (Tonnie did all the work, bless him!). Lenient registrars meant
that such sites just kept emerging faster than Tonnie could catch them. And
the lists grew longer and longer...

> I notice also that a site that hosts a blog of mine have also suffered
> immensely with this. All proportion of their own site and loads of the
> blogs they host have just disappeared totally, mine included. Not
> cached, it's like they never existed. PR still remains though.
>
> I just hope that they all return soon.
>
> Has anyone else seen anything like this?

Jez, please keep me/us informed about this. *smile* It's probably worth a
separate thread altogether.

Ian, the degradation and depletion of indices appears to be gradual. This was
the same back in March when 6 billion subsites had many innocent Webmasters
victimised. So if your pages just vanished overnight, the explanation might
be different. Also, the fact that your front page does not exist rules this
out as a probable cause.

Best wishes,

Can Mac OS X and Vista catch up? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYjv0S_k0xo
 12:20pm  up 48 days  0:32,  8 users,  load average: 0.27, 0.50, 0.53