Re: [News] Canadian Government Chooses Open Source for Services

__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Wednesday 06 September 2006 11:04 \__

> begin  oe_protect.scr
>> Feds put open source into active service
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| The (Canadian) federal government has embarked on an ambitious project
>>| that will use open source software to manage assets created for use in
>>| the public sector, including custom-developed applications.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.itbusiness.ca/it/client/en/home/News.asp?id=40487
>
> This is excellent, they're even talking about creative commons licensing
> for some kinds of content.  It looks like sense is finally dawning...

It's funny (in a way) that you mentioned Canada in the context of content
licencing. I saw the following in Slashdot yesterday.

Canadian Copyright Group Seeks To License the Net

http://yro.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=06/09/05/0418223&from=rss

Points to:

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=thestar/Layout/Article_Type1&c=Article&cid=1157321706760&call_pageid=968350072197&col=969048863851

Education minister's proposal needs a rewrite

Worth a quick read.

--
Tux is sexy <
http://bbspot.com/Images/News_Features/2006/08/paris_hilton_tux.jpg >