[News] Open Source Software Companies Get Investments, Lured by Temptation

As venture dollars flow to OSS companies, CEOs urged to be picky

,----[ Quote ]
| It's no secret that the open source business model is attracting
| the attention of venture capital dollars. The list of companies that
| have received millions in funding recently includes JBoss, SugarCRM,
| SourceLabs, Hyperic, Zenoss, and Digium, to name a few.
|
| ...Not only can one make a living providing that support, but one can build
|a multi-million-dollar company as well, supporting a market that IT research
| firm IDC predicts will reach $2.8 billion in Linux server sales by 2008.
`----

http://management.itmanagersjournal.com/article.pl?sid=06/08/28/1652218&from=rss

I can't help thinking about XenSource and Mozilla, who liaised with
Microsoft, to an extent.