Re: Debian says "fork you" to Schilling

begin  oe_protect.scr
> __/ [ [H]omer ] on Tuesday 05 September 2006 13:41 \__
>
>> Linonut wrote:
>>> http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2006/09/msg00002.html
>>
>> Schilling was always a bit of an arrogant prick, IMHO, and a Solaris
>> fanboy to boot. Red Hat forked away from his CDDL crap a while ago,
>> and went with "Cdrecord-Clone" with DVD extensions (something else he
>> bitched about).
>>
>> .----
>> | Both RedHat and SuSE publish bastardized and defective variants of
>> | cdrtools in their distributions.
>> |
>> | If you have problems on RedHat or SuSE systems, first fetch a recent
>> | original cdrtools source, compile it yourself and run the original
>> | instead of broken software that illegally claims to be cdrecord.
>> `----
>>
>>  - http://tinyurl.com/p2tgj (archived cdrecord.berlios.de)
>>
>> Hey, that's why they call it "Open" Source, pal.
>>
>> Twat!
>>
>> Here's a good summary:
>>
>> http://lwn.net/Articles/195167/
>
> I think you have just mentioned this, but an article I read earlier suggests
> that many other distributions (probably Ubuntu as well?) will follow suit
> and give that package the boot. Civility and conditional acceptance are the
> glue that keeps communities together. Imagine having Ellison in your dev
> team... or Ballmer jumping up and down with a couple of
> pom-ponH^H^H^H^H^H^s.

He turned up here a few times, and was rather less than pleasant,
afairc.  He seemed determined to find an argument even when there wasn't
one - rather like a lot of the trolls who come here, in fact.

People who have what they want are very fond of telling people who haven't
what they want that they don't want it.
		-- Ogden Nash