Re: [News] New Version of GNOME - Release Readied (it looks awful)

On Tue, 05 Sep 2006 11:53:04 -0500, flatfish+++ wrote:

> On Tue, 05 Sep 2006 17:32:56 +0200, Hadron Quark wrote:

>>> Little dig (Digg) there Roy ;Â
>>>
>>> I like the "eye candy" section, and this:
>>>
>>> http://tango.freedesktop.org/Tango_Desktop_Project
>>>
>>> Looks good ...
>>
>> It cracks me up that a web page devoted to "looking good" uses non
>> standard fonts for its cover page and looks far from good. I have
>> extolled the virtues of Ubuntu & FF here lots of times : it looks much
>> better than XP. But really, check this out:
>>
>> http://img3.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/0221b44fcb.png
>

> That looks horrid under firefox and PCLinuxOS.
>
> Of course, the "works fine for me" gang is mobilizing at this very moment.

So, if it looks fine on someone else's machine, they're
automatically supposed to be lying? Jesus you are a real scummy piece of
work, flatfish. Get your head of of Quark's arse before you swallow too
much shit and suffocate.

It doesn't look anything like that on my PC.

--
Kier