Re: [News] Proofs that XBox 360 is a Disaster

On or about 2006-09-04 Monday 10:22, I did witness the following events
concerning Mark Kent:

> begin  oe_protect.scr
> BearItAll <spam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:
>> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>
>>> Here is a recent article:
>>>
>>> Gamers Say Microsoft Understates Xbox Problems
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]

>>> `----
>>>
>>> http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news04/2006/08/xbox_gamers02.html
>>>
>>> Judge for yourselves.
>>>
>>> xbox 360 - broken!
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>> `----
>>>
>>> Video proof: http://youtube.com/watch?v=mGEUMnhhCV0
>>>

>>> Xbox and broken colors
>>>
>>> Video proof: http://youtube.com/watch?v=ysJ2_3gmYFM
>>>

>>> My xbox 360 is broken already
>>>
>>> Video proof: http://youtube.com/watch?v=lhNKCmkYzGw
>>>

>>> A broken xbox
>>>
>>> Video proof: http://youtube.com/watch?v=RdQX0XwS0Js
>>>
>>> xbox broke
>>>
>>> Video proof: http://youtube.com/watch?v=dHLcqIXD0vY
>>>

>>> Red Ring of Death
>>>
>>> ,----

>>> `----
>>>
>>> Video proof: http://youtube.com/watch?v=yekgUQCHksI
>>>

>>> Broken Xbox-Montage 1 (Halo bugs again)
>>>
>>> Video proof: http://youtube.com/watch?v=xTSzjREY7hM
>>>

>>> Solutions/remedies:
>>>
>>> How To Destroy Your Xbox The Right Way
>>>
>>> http://youtube.com/watch?v=n6mAJiGA5bU
>>>

>>> To repeat the article above:
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>> `----
>>
>> Yes thats likely true, I have a friend who works for the delivery company
>> MS use for returns, this firm is making a lot of money because there are
>> a lot of consoles returning for replacement or repair.
>>

> Wow;  one has to wonder if this is due to hardware design problems or
> software problems.  One issue Windows used to have was that it didn't
> idle properly (dates back to cpm/dos, I think), so Windows machines used
> to run much hotter than Linux ones.  Another issue is that Windows is
> nowhere near as efficient as Linux for many tasks, indeed, just looking
> at the memory & storage requirements for modern windows is pretty scary.
>
> So, were they design problems, or were they problems due to hardware
> being worked overly hard by poor software?

The first batch out went with under-rated power supplies; as a result, power
supplies started exploding. This event invariably destroys computer
equipment (even as subtly as to subject it to spikes and/or surges which
does a range of things from blowing caps to frying memory). I've seen it
myself on both consoles and PC equipment. I can trace the sequence of
events by the damage done.
--
I hereby testify that the above statement is an accurate recollection of the
events mentioned therein.