Re: Installed new motherboard, and graphics card on Linux, too damn easy.

  • Subject: Re: Installed new motherboard, and graphics card on Linux, too damn easy.
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2006 08:48:31 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ Peter Kai Jensen ] on Monday 04 September 2006 08:39 \__

> Brad Sims wrote:
>
>>> So have you got some desktop effects (Novell's terminology)going? The
>>> next version of Mandriva will support these 'out of the box' (like
>>> SLED/SLES 10).  And you also get the choice, so it doesn't have to be
>>> XGL.
>>
>> Nah just basic KDE eye-candy, I mainly use it in Counter Strike:
>> Source under wine.
>
> A friend of mine has that game as just about the only hurdle (except
> lack of experience) before switching to Linux full-time.  Does it work
> in plain Wine, and if so, how?  Or is Cedega the only way to go?

Why not just turn to ET? It runs natively in Linux and it is far better than
CS (I last played it when it was a HL1 mod, CS2, around 2000-01)

If you play ET, be sure to see the following video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fEGYB3NiDk

If you don't know the game, it will not be funny. Very addictive game...