Re: [News] Internet Explorer 7 is Spyware

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> __/ [ Peter KÃhlmann ] on Sunday 03 September 2006 09:38 \__
>
>> Erik Funkenbusch wrote:

>>> And what point might that be?  Be more specific.
>>>
>>> Are you seriously suggesting that using Vista without Aero is
>>> "crippled"?
>>
>> It sure is. You could just as well (or even better) stay on XP then
>>
>>> By that logic, using Linux without Fluxbox is "crippled".
>>>

>> Your "logic" as usual is crap
>> A linux machine without Fluxbox could be one with KDE / Gnome/ whatever

>>> Yeah, and Linux advocates have been making that argument for 10 years,
>>> and yet there is still very little Linux adoption on the desktop.
>>>

>> This has exactly nothing to do with running vista as a glorified
>> web-browser There is *ZERO* need to run vista for writing
>> letters/webbrowsing/email
>>
>>> No, people will buy new PC's when their old ones wear out, and they will
>>> get Vista just like they got their previous OS.  Microsoft has
>>> traditionally sold less than 1% of it's OS's at retail.  People don't
>>> upgrade that way.
>>>

>> Right. They are force-fed with garbage they would not buy in the first
>> place
>>
>> < snip >

>>> It's talking about all features.  I promise you, Vista runs just fine in
>>> 256MB and a celeron 500 (I'm using one for a test machine, I know).
>>>

>> Your "assurances" mean absolutely nothing. You are lying way to often to
>> believe any of your claims

>>> That's like calling a Honda Civic "crippled" just because it can't go
>>> 200MPH on a race track.  Aero is the big memory waster, and you don't
>>> really need it.  There's a shit load of other new stuff in Vista that
>>> works just fine in less memory.
>>
>> Minesweeper?
>>
>> After all, the promised features of Shorthorn MCD have all vanished in a
>> puff of smoke
>

> Oops. Reply to Erik was inended to be descendent of yours (wrong article
> in focus). To repeat it:

Shit happens

> Good example. I never realised why you even bother with Erik.

Well, he /tries/ to sound reasonable. To a newbie in this group he even
might be convincing if he is not shown to be an outright liar and FUDder

> All he ever
> farts out is FUD, FUD, FUD. He could put it in his resume.
>
> Experience: FUD
> Skills: FUD
> Dietary preference: FUD

That is for sure exactly what he did. He had lots of experience ion the OS/2
group before

> What's he got to find in COLA anyway?

His employers worst nightmares

--
Microsoft? Is that some kind of a toilet paper?