Re: [News] Internet Explorer 7 is Spyware

__/ [ Peter Köhlmann ] on Sunday 03 September 2006 09:38 \__

> Erik Funkenbusch wrote:

>>> I thought Mary Jo Foley made a very good point in

>>> as she usually does.  Then you propose running a crippled Vista version?
>>
>> And what point might that be?  Be more specific.
>>
>> Are you seriously suggesting that using Vista without Aero is "crippled"?
>
> It sure is. You could just as well (or even better) stay on XP then
>
>> By that logic, using Linux without Fluxbox is "crippled".
>>

> Your "logic" as usual is crap
> A linux machine without Fluxbox could be one with KDE / Gnome/ whatever

>>> Oh?  Who is going to want to install Vista, so they can just surf the
>>> 'net,
>>> write letters or E-mails, chat?  One could save considerable costs by
>>> running Linux, and that with better security.
>>
>> Yeah, and Linux advocates have been making that argument for 10 years, and
>> yet there is still very little Linux adoption on the desktop.
>>

> This has exactly nothing to do with running vista as a glorified
> web-browser There is *ZERO* need to run vista for writing
> letters/webbrowsing/email
>
>> No, people will buy new PC's when their old ones wear out, and they will
>> get Vista just like they got their previous OS.  Microsoft has
>> traditionally sold less than 1% of it's OS's at retail.  People don't
>> upgrade that way.
>>

> Right. They are force-fed with garbage they would not buy in the first
> place
>
> < snip >
>
>>> That is not what the Microsoft website stated that you conveniently
>>> snipped:
>>
>> It's talking about all features.  I promise you, Vista runs just fine in
>> 256MB and a celeron 500 (I'm using one for a test machine, I know).
>>

> Your "assurances" mean absolutely nothing. You are lying way to often to
> believe any of your claims
>
>>> Vista follows in the footsteps of previous Microsoft products and will
>>> require greater resources to run satisfactorily.  Running a crippled
>>> version on minimal hardware will only frustrate users.
>>
>> That's like calling a Honda Civic "crippled" just because it can't go
>> 200MPH on a race track.  Aero is the big memory waster, and you don't
>> really need it.  There's a shit load of other new stuff in Vista that
>> works just fine in less memory.
>
> Minesweeper?
>
> After all, the promised features of Shorthorn MCD have all vanished in a
> puff of smoke

Oops. Reply to Erik was inended to be descendent of yours (wrong article in
focus). To repeat it:

Good example. I never realised why you even bother with Erik. All he ever
farts out is FUD, FUD, FUD. He could put it in his resume.

Experience: FUD
Skills: FUD
Dietary preference: FUD

What's he got to find in COLA anyway?