Re: Can I really get over 1,000,000 visitors every month?

  • Subject: Re: Can I really get over 1,000,000 visitors every month?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2006 17:47:40 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
__/ [ John Bokma ] on Saturday 02 September 2006 05:20 \__

> "zhu alex" <buyfme@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Q: Can you really lose your account when you spam on Usenet
> A: Yes!

The levels of SPAM in AISE have become a real illness. I don't know if its
address on the UseNet tree makes it a greater 'SPAM magnet' than
alt.www.webmaster. It has come to the point where I only read a thread if I
know the OP (regular or occasional poster), which is discouraging. The group
is also popular among Google Groupers, much like comp.os.linux.misc.
Statistically, posts from G2 are poor, which makes them flag-worthy. I bet
the majority of OP's (threads) from G2 are SPAM, at least in this newsgroup.

I only mention this because, if I recall correctly, SPAM deterrence drove you
out of AWW, at least partly.