Re: Can I really get over 1,000,000 visitors every month?

  • Subject: Re: Can I really get over 1,000,000 visitors every month?
  • From: John Bokma <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 2 Sep 2006 19:48:29 GMT
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines

> __/ [ John Bokma ] on Saturday 02 September 2006 05:20 \__
>
>> "zhu alex" <buyfme@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> Q: Can you really lose your account when you spam on Usenet
>> A: Yes!
>
> The levels of SPAM in AISE have become a real illness. I don't know if
> its address on the UseNet tree makes it a greater 'SPAM magnet' than
> alt.www.webmaster. It has come to the point where I only read a thread
> if I know the OP (regular or occasional poster), which is
> discouraging. The group is also popular among Google Groupers, much
> like comp.os.linux.misc. Statistically, posts from G2 are poor, which
> makes them flag-worthy. I bet the majority of OP's (threads) from G2
> are SPAM, at least in this newsgroup.
>
> I only mention this because, if I recall correctly, SPAM deterrence
> drove you out of AWW, at least partly.

There were several things that made me remove AWW from my list of groups
:-D. One was lack of time, which is also the reason that I now rarely
report spam in this group (and reply less now and then). No idea if that's
the reason for the increase of spam you see.

Main reason why I left that group was that I made objections to romancing
(if that's the right word) a disability into special powers, which was
misread [1] (in my opinion) as that I was trying to make the disability
non-existant / denying it, which I was certainly not (again, IMO).

Anyway, it took too much time and energy, and then gave AWW some thought,
and since the majority of the post could be summarized (again IMO) into

- hating on viper
- repeating spam in order to piss off viper (and probably me as well)
- long discussions on spam reporting
- long off topic discussions

I decided to unsubscribe, also because I got tired of maintaining a kill
file (which I prefer not to do).

Anyway, I decided to explain, because maybe more wonder :-D.

[1] which I probably couldn't write down as an argument given the
    topic at hand :-D.

--
John    Need help with SEO? Get started with a SEO report of your site:

    --> http://johnbokma.com/websitedesign/seo-expert-help.html