Re: [News] Even Paris Hilton Advocates GNU/Linux

  • Subject: Re: [News] Even Paris Hilton Advocates GNU/Linux
  • From: The Ghost In The Machine <ewill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2006 00:00:06 GMT
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
In comp.os.linux.advocacy, GreyCloud
<mist@xxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Fri, 01 Sep 2006 16:13:43 -0600
<b4-dna_x0e8ILWXZnZ2dnUVZ_o6dnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
> flatfish+++ wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 31 Aug 2006 23:44:06 +0000, Sinister Midget wrote:
>>

>>>On 2006-08-31, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> posted something concerning:

>>>This isn't a /good/ thing!
>>>
>>>The last thing that almost turned me against linux was the discovery
>>>that Wil Wheaton (Star Trek TNG, an obnoxious kid) uses it. It nearly
>>>made me vomit, hold my nose and head back to Windross. I finally
>>>decided that maybe he'd grown up and taken some 'normal' lessons
>>>someplace.
>>>
>>>http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000696/
>>>http://www.startrek.com/startrek/view/library/cast/bio/114117.html
>>>http://www.wilwheaton.net/mt/archives/001117.php
>>>
>>>Paris is another nudge in the wrong direction IMHO.
>>

>> I always knew deep down that there was hope for you Sinister Midget!
>>
>> I saw Paris and her sister buzzing along the Long Island Expressway a
>> couple of weeks ago driving a drop top Mercedes Sports car of some
>> sort.... I'll admit the thought did occur to me to follow her and get an
>> autograph, but then again I am kind of a hypochondriac and nervous about
>> what might hop off of her.
>>
>> The car looked like low mileage, but Paris?
>> That odometer has been rolled many times......
>>

> If she had as many sticking out of her as she had stuck in her, she'd
> look like a porcupine.

Gotta love that woman's determination.  She swore off sex
for a year and then shacked up with Brandon Davis less
than a month later.

Reportedly.

Of course, there's no way to know whether it's a chaste,
celibate shacking up where they sit and drink tea and
discuss various topics, or if she's jumping on him
every chance she gets with little more than a smile and
a negligee.

(And do I really want to know?)

In any event, everyone (including me!) should have twigged
that this is BBSpot.  Take a look at the very bottom of the
"news" article.

It turns out Tinkerbell is apparently *not* copyrighted --
she's a character in J.M Barrie's works.  However, the pixie
image of her dressed in green with blue-green wings is (by
Disney, natch).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tinkerbell

(Unless one counts Paris Hilton's pet pooch.  I don't know
how one could copyright a *real* pet dog, although Benji
comes to mind.  Astro, Marmaduke, Pluto, (to some extent)
Goofy, (to some extent) Dino, Odie, Scooby Doo, and Ren,
sure. [*])

[*] Oddly, my mind's drawing a blank regarding Warner
Brother's dogs.  Sure, there's been some -- but I don't
remember their names.  The most notable one is Foghorn's
adversary, who speaks with a Brooklynese accent (he
might have been named Rover but nobody would remember
*that* -- certainly http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0047809/
doesn't; he's credited as "Barnyard Dog"); said dog
has also tangled with Daffy on an occasion or two
(http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0041275/).  A dog also
dragged out Yosemite Sam from a snowdrift in one short,
then mixed himself a drink and waddled off, hiccupping.
Sylvester the Cat has had his share of fun with dogs.
The two WB chipmunks tormented Geo P. Dog at one point,
at the end luring him into a gas main.

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Windows Vista.  Because it's time to refresh your hardware.  Trust us.