Re: [News] Even Paris Hilton Advocates GNU/Linux

  • Subject: Re: [News] Even Paris Hilton Advocates GNU/Linux
  • From: Tony Sivori <TonySivori@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2006 00:54:30 -0400
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Paris Hilton Releases Tinkerbell Linux
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | The Linux world grew by yet another distribution this summer, as Paris
> | Hilton announced the release of Tinkerbell Linux. | | [...]
> |
> | Many Linux users said they appreciate the exposure a star like Paris |
> Hilton can give to the Linux movement, and added that they can |
> "appreciate someone who can compile without panties on." `----
>
> http://bbspot.com/News/2006/08/paris-hilton-tinkerbell-linux.html
>
> Definitely worth a glance!

Truth is stranger than fiction. Or comedy. Out of curiosity, I tried the
fake link in the bbspot humor item that linked to the Paris distro:

http://www.parishilton.com/tinkerbell/

Guess what? http://www.parishilton.com/ really is Paris Hilton's site, and
it is running Apache on Red Hat. The mind reels.

--
Tony Sivori