Re: Windows Makes Web Surfing and E-mail a Risk, Employees Unaware

Roy Schestowitz wrote:
> Majority Ignorant of Email risks
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | A survey into the habits of 142 UK office workers conducted by Finjan,
> | has uncovered that although they know the security risk to their employers
> | caused by clicking on web-links or opening attachments from unknown
> | sources, they simply can't help themselves.
> |
> | Of those questioned, 93 per cent said that they knew that links,
> | attachments, pop boxes and web pages could have spyware or other forms
> | of malicious code embedded within them.
> `----
>
> http://networkblog.itproportal.com/?p=164

Something I've been trying to clarify is this---how much of a risk do
you run on Linux or OS X if you click on things, or visit bad web
sites?  I'm assuming you've got employees (or teenagers) who can't
resist.  So far the worst I've heard seems to be that spammers will
learn that your email address is valid, and you will be flooded with
spam.  That's not a small matter, but at least your computer is not
infected.