[News] Mozilla Suggests Debian Forks Firefox

Mozilla Corp tells Debian to fork Firefox

,----[ Quote ]
| It appears that the Mozilla Corporation's heavy handed approach to
| licensing their trademarks will force Debian to fork Mozilla Firefox.
| The fork will continue to sync with upstream regularly, but it will
| not be called Firefox or use any Mozilla artwork. Sounds a bit like
| a certain popular Debian derivative really.
`----

http://digg.com/tech_news/Mozilla_Corp_tells_Debian_to_fork_Firefox

Mozilla conceded and changed from a dot org to a dot com domain (Mozilla
Foundation). It recently accepted an invitation from Microsoft to further
develop and ensure good interaction with Windows Vista. I wonder if it's
time for more forks such as Flock, which put emphasis where it matters most,
e.g. to Linux users. Mozilla also has some ties with Google (perhaps others
like Dell?), so it's becoming commercially-inclined.