Re: [News] NSW Government Says Linux "Highly Desirable"

__/ [ B Gruff ] on Wednesday 20 September 2006 15:42 \__

http://www.zdnet.com.au/news/hardware/soa/NSW_govt_signals_desktop_Linux_needs/0,130061702,339271199,00.htm
>> http://tinyurl.com/mu62r
>
> By the 'eck - do I hear the sound out jet engines being started in
> Seattle....?

It has gone on for a while. The southern hemisphere is moving to Linux quite
rapidly: Venezuela, Brasil, Australia, South Africa, Philippines. There's no
simple explanation to this. But worry not. In some of these countries
poverty prevails, so I'm sure governments can be swayed [1] through the
Gates Foundation [2,3].

Best wishes,

Roy

[1] Microsoft offers South Africa cheap internet connections

,----[ Quote ]
| The big idea is to provide affordable options for consumers who
| purchase Internet connectivity and a personal computer running
| Microsoft's Windows starter edition software.

[2] Bill Gates lends cash to buy newspapers

$350 million to MediaNews

,----[ Quote ]
`----

[3] http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=33849

,----[ Quote ]
| My background is finance and accounting....
|
| However, the Gates Buffet foundation grant is nothing more than a shell
| game in which control of assets for both Gates and Buffet remain the same.
|
| THE ONLY DIFFERENCE IS THAT THE ACCUMULATION OF WEALTH BY THESE TWO WILL BE
| MUCH MORE MASSIVE BECAUSE THEY WILL NO LONGER HAVE TO PAY ANY TAXES.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Useless fact: Sharks are immune to cancer
Swap:  1036184k total,   489860k used,   546324k free,    60252k cached