Re: [News] Gentoo Gets Back Its Poppa

__/ [ Linonut ] on Wednesday 20 September 2006 11:10 \__

> After takin' a swig o' grog, Stephen Fairchild belched out this bit o'
> wisdom:

>> Wasn't that the whole point.  Get the FOSS leading lights and put them in
>> a dark corner where they can do as little damage to the monopoly as
>> possible.
>
> Well hell!  It worked with Borland employees!

They are currently doing the same thing with Symantec. Earlier
today/yesterday they nabbed another one of their engineers. Extnguish
through kernel changes, links in the software, and lastly -- brain drain. It
disorientates the rival.

http://news.com.com/Microsoft+nabs+another+McAfee+virus+expert/2100-7350_3-6117418.html?tag=nefd.top

        Microsoft nabs another McAfee virus expert

Google were blamed to have used similar 'tactics', but the scale of Google
makes this more likely a passive shift.