[News] Microsoft Issues Another Deceiving Publication?

I couldn't help but stop when I spotted the following headlines in /two/
separate major publications:

"Microsoft to launch Xbox 360 in Japan on Nov 22"

Huh? Upon closer inspection, it's only the HD-DVD player. Tt seems like the
'news' could have been issued by Microsoft. This reminds me of Microsoft
quasi-dupe in announcing their supposedly brand-new search engine. Let's
have a look at the article, shall we?

,----[ Quote ]
| As of September 10, Microsoft had sold about 160,000 units of its Xbox 360
| in Japan, according to industry watcher Enterbrain.
|
| Sony, in comparison, sold almost a million units of PlayStation 2 in
| the first three days of its launch in Japan in 2000.
`----

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060920/tc_nm/microsoft_xbox_dc

And also today I found:

Networthy: Microsoft launches search engine offensive

http://www.canada.com/topics/technology/story.html?id=ccbd0f4f-8d07-422f-8f14-618ff516695b&k=37213

Enough with the BS. It's clear where it's all headed, despite the renaming of
services. Published today:

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/060919/google_market_share_comscore_and_nielsen_netratings.html?.v=1