Re: [News] Is Windows Vista Just Windows 9x Underneath?

__/ [ NoStop ] on Wednesday 20 September 2006 05:17 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Have a look. Taken into its full glory.
>>
>> http://www.istartedsomething.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/09/start4.jpg
>>
> Oh gawd, that has got to be one ugly motherfsking desktop! And by the looks
> of things, MickeyMouse is still distributing Notepad and Paint! Now, isn't
> that a bleeding edge innovative new operating system. Do/will people really
> fall for this shit?

Many (and probably just under "most") XP users I know stick to Classic theme
in XP. Be sure that many will choose to do likewise in Vista. Underneath the
lipstick lie the same function (no virtual desktops, no UI flexibility, et
cetera). But, boy oh boy, are those CPU cycles being devoured....

> I guess there are enough Wintards left on this planet who will rush out and
> purchase Fista. People like flatfish and Funkenbusch have probably already
> pre-ordered and paid for this "coming soon" toy operating system.

A (fairly short) parable/analogy: people love their parents no matter what
they do. There are exceptions, of course, but there's only one set of
parents. The relationship between a (wo)man and his/her O/S can be similar.
And as a friend tells me, when you insult someone's software choice or
recommend something /else/, the person is insulted. You virtually ridicule a
part of him/her.