[News] Motley Fool on Hated Stocks (Microsoft Included)

5 Hated Stocks

,----[ Quote ]
| Hard times for Mr. Softy
|
| Isn't it funny how both Microsoft and Google -- mortal enemies at this
| point -- are both widely unloved? Microsoft has been dogged more by
| slowing growth concerns than valuation issues...
|
| Will its new operating system get it back on track? Bears seem to think
| it may not be enough. They see the world's leading software maker's
| popularity waning as companies like Google and Sun Microsystems move
| applications online. Even if Linux hasn't made much of a dent as an
| open source alternative to Windows in the PC space yet, it has left a mark
| in other areas, and I wouldn't undersell the potential of a crafty
| company like Red Hat to further monetize the platform.
`----

http://www.fool.com/news/commentary/2006/commentary06091910.htm?source=eptyholnk303100&logvisit=y&npu=y
http://tinyurl.com/k59z3

It's nice to see Linux mentioned in major publications more often than ever
before.