Re: [News] Self-tuning Linux Kernel

__/ [ ed ] on Tuesday 19 September 2006 19:06 \__

http://www.apcstart.com/site/amills/2006/09/1467/inside-the-self-tuning-genetic-linux
>> http://tinyurl.com/ejhps
>
> This sounds awesome.
>
> One of the guys in the office where i work said he was going to use some
> similar algorithms in a popular OS project that he works on.

A "genetic" desktop environment comes to mind as well. Let me see if I can
find an article that springs to mind. It's quite recent.

Sci-Fi: A New Kind of OS

,----[ Quote ]
| Consider the obvious advantages to an operating system that actually
| morphed and adapted to the needs of the users instead of the other way
| around. Not only is there no such OS like this, the very idea goes
| against much of what we are currently seeing in the current OS options in
| the market.
`----

http://www.osweekly.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2309

Oh! Took just 5 seconds to find (filter by 'adapt'). Worth a read if you
haven't come across the concept before. It's natural to expect some more UI
and sophistication that complements one's mind while operating a PC.

Best wishes,

Welcome to standards-compliant Web browsing. http://www.spreadfirefox.com/
Swap:  1036184k total,   330548k used,   705636k free,    52888k cached