Re: Neelie Kroes' Expenses - scoop!

  • Subject: Re: Neelie Kroes' Expenses - scoop!
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 12:52:57 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ B Gruff ] on Tuesday 19 September 2006 12:20 \__

> On Tuesday 19 September 2006 12:03 High Plains Thumper wrote:
>
>> Ms Kroes answered admirably to FUD-like arguments:
>
> Oh indeed:-)
> The one that particularly caught my attention:-
>
> "She adds: "Similarly, I have noted attempts to link the ongoing Vista
> discussions to the purported creation of jobs in Europe that a
> Microsoft-sponsored study claims will result from Vista, It would be wrong
> to imagine such a link"...."
>
> "Microsoft-sponsored" neatly slipped in there!
> The world is catching on, isn't it?:-)

Actually, just about every article that I saw stressed this very clearly.
This time, for a change, the mounthpiece is shown for what it truly is. The
earlier articles, on the other hand, didn't make that connection very
prominent. It's almost as bad as Get the _Facts_ campaign. Sounds unbiased
and golden, doesn't it? You can even reach that study by googling "linux",
which Microsoft paid a lot of money for.

> (... mind you, none of this might help her when (according to undisclosed
> sources) "journalists" at the Boston Globe publish their "findings".....)

There's quite a history of Seattle press praising Microsoft. It is, after
all, delivering what the people want. And Microsoft brings a lot of jobs and
wealth to this area (at the expense of everywhere else in the world, of
course).

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Open Source Reversi: http://othellomaster.com
         run-level 5  Jul 20 12:15                   last=S