Re: Open Source in the Comedy Channel

  • Subject: Re: Open Source in the Comedy Channel
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 12:57:49 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ Ramon F Herrera ] on Tuesday 19 September 2006 08:56 \__

> I was watching the Comedy Channel when suddenly the TV screen showed a
> BSOD, very realistic looking.  Since I have seen things like that in
> cable TV -such as a DOS window that reads "C:\ DEVICE NOT FOUND", I
> thought it was a real BSOD.  Much to my amusement, the screen then said
> something like "We are now using the unbreakable Mac OS", but it too
> went into an infinite loop (like a scratched vinyl record) saying the
> same words again and again.
>
> Finally, the screen said: "Now we are switching to Open Source" and the
> TV program continued normally.
>
> That was fun   :-)
>
> -Ramon
>
> ps: Who says nobody is advertising Linux?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=iZOOpTGvgB0

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0JqtMgiUaf4

Among a few more. There are also some promotional videos.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zYLk7_mk3mc

http://youtube.com/watch?v=wjSDAUykkzQ

Among more...

Novell has got quite a few, but not many will reach prime time TV and stay
there for a long time. For those who are persuaded by pricey brainwash,
Windows would be fine. Serves them right (or not).

Best wishes,

Roy

PS - Mac adverts point out the weaknesses in Windows, which works out very
well for Linux (the "just about anything but the 'Windows guy'").

--
Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Useless fact: 111111 X 111111 = 12345654321
Tasks: 121 total,   1 running, 119 sleeping,   0 stopped,   1 zombie