Re: [News] Fonts, Anti-Virus Software Considerably Slow Down Windows

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> The O/S is not built to be scalable. Registry bloat, self-corrupting
> filesystems, AV software polling to cover up for severe bugs, fonts
> leading to a slow-down...

What's Linux' excuse?

"Why is Linux so slow? ... I *love* using Linux, but every time I boot back
in to Windows I see how fast it is."

http://www.fedoraforum.org/forum/showthread.php?t=56495

"I have been using M$ XP and 2000 for a long time and in my experience it
runs a lot faster than my Linux Install. In linux, I have a hard time
opening media files, it just lags so much and some of them I can't even
open. I also noticed when I open the file manager it takes a while to read
the current directory."

http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/linux-newbie/3311-why-linux-so-slow.html

"XP takes less than five minutes but this KAudio Creator has taken the same
time to rip 10% of ONE track."

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/showthread.php?p=2380679

"I have just installed suse 10.1 retail box version on to my new dual core
amd 64, and suse 10.1 is running like a bag of spanners.

It taking ages to load and when you final get in to it you can't do mutch
software managment and stuff like that wont open all it dose is hang and I
have to Xkill it...

the pc is new it an Amd dual core 3800., with 400GB hard disk, linux is
using 80GB or it, win 110 and the other hardf disk is a mixure of fat 32 and
NTFS partions.

System Spec:
AMD 64:38000 Running at just over 2.1 GHZ
Mem:2GB
Hdd 2 X 200 GB
3700 GT (256MB Nvda card)"

http://linuxformat.co.uk/modules.php?op=modload&name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=4163