[News] Fonts, Anti-Virus Software Considerably Slow Down Windows

Finding Software That Slows Down Your Computer

,----[ Quote ]
| The PC Spy is trying to make people aware of the worst software that is
| out there, and to no surprise Norton Internet Security 2006 is at the top.
|
| [...]
|
| It is pretty obvious that having a large number of fonts degrades
| performance in Windows. I think that I?ll be going through and deleting
| some of the ones that came with Vista because I really don?t need
| 400+ fonts.
`----

http://tech.cybernetnews.com/2006/09/18/finding-software-that-slows-down-your-computer/
http://tinyurl.com/glk7n

The O/S is not built to be scalable. Registry bloat, self-corrupting
filesystems, AV software polling to cover up for severe bugs, fonts leading
to a slow-down...