Re: My first killfile entry

  • Subject: Re: My first killfile entry
  • From: "Larry Qualig" <lqualig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 18 Sep 2006 11:40:13 -0700
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
JDS wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Sep 2006 14:14:35 -0400, mlw wrote:
>
> > What changed? Schestowitz is polluting this group with so many pointless
> > messages, that, without a killfile, the group is useless
>
> Well, a little extreme, perhaps, but I do agree that Roy is a little to
> quick on pulling the trigger for some of his posts.
>
> Maybe a bit more before-the-fact filtering on your part, Roy? I mean, not
> every article or link you post is a gem

Translation = Quality and not Quantity.

Seems to me that if Roy's genuine intent is to advocate Linux (and I
haven't seen any proof to the contrary) then it would be in the best
interest of Linux and this newsgroup to have a very high "quality
level" to the posts in this NG.

The trouble right now is that the good/quality posts get lost and
drowned out in the sea of "News - Anonymous blogger on LinuxInsider.com
says Linux better than XP" type posts.