Re: The Nindows Fista XPerience

  • Subject: Re: The Nindows Fista XPerience
  • From: Hadron Quark <qadronhuark@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2006 12:30:57 +0200
  • Cancel-lock: sha1:IrlWk0o5FawP+pZ7tQ4ToD83TNQ=
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> __/ [ Rex Ballard ] on Sunday 17 September 2006 07:05 \__
>
>> [H]omer wrote:
>>> Yes folks, I've decided to pull Microsoft out of the shit, and help them
>>> debug their Slopware.
>

> This thing will never ship in time. If it does, it'll remain a "steaming pile
> of dirty socks". Have a look:
>
> Microsoft wants more Vista testers
>
> ,----[ Feed Excerpt ]
> | It hopes to have about 5 million testers checking out latest version
> | of Windows update, as it tries to stamp out bugs.
> `----
>
> http://news.zdnet.com/2100-3513_22-6115744.html
>
> Now, tell me, how does overwhelming feedback from so many people can even be
> processed? My guess is that they want to gather enough statistics to

Project management Roy : you should try it on your "free web search
tool" project.

That and financial incentive of course.

> identify errors that recur most often and deal with them in sensible
> priorities. This means that the intent is never truly to polish the final
> product. It's a case of damage control.

Actually its called a ramp up to release.

> Expect some fake drama where Microsoft blames the EU for delays and ships the
> product late. They line up their excuses and keeps those fingers crossed.
> When the product is finally out, there will be an onslaught of lawsuits over
> use of the desktop for extending the monopoly. This has been mentioned
> before. There will be last-minute changes.
>

>> Why?  It's pretty obvious you aren't that fond of the company or the
>> offering.
>> Why lend "aid and comfort to the enemy?".
>

> I think that good criticisms will deem credible after some first-hand
> experience. That's what [H]omer delivers here. And he is not the
> first.

Homer delivered a review of a beta running in a virtual machine for f***s
sake.

The rest of your article is, therefore, by default null and void.