Re: Interesting Atheism Graphs

__/ [ David Wynne-Griffiths ] on Friday 15 September 2006 14:40 \__

> The message <8029-450A9C8C-396@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> from DaveInLakeVilla@xxxxxxxxx (Dave in Lake Villa) contains these words:
>
>> REPLY:  The problem is, however, that there is no such thing as a real
>> Atheist...not even in France !  There might be many who desire to be
>> atheist in their (non) beliefs , but,  everyone on earth knows
>> intrinsically that there must have been a personal intelligent Creator
>> behind all this ;  to say otherwise is akin to someone living in a used
>> house and declaring that there was no Creator/Designer necessary for the
>> house because you never saw any such person. Could you imagine yourself
>> saying : " I dont see any evidence of my house being built by a personal
>> Creator/Designer"  ?!
>
> Again absolute rubbish.   There are plenty of real atheists including
> myself. I know with absolute certainty that there was no creator
> intelligent or otherwise.  The whole concept is puerile nonsense and its
> only basis is the totally mistaken believe that the creation myth in
> Genesis is anything other than just a myth.

There is nothing more laughable than a theist who argues /for/ you or
/insists/ that your belief (or lack thereof) is not genuine. I think they
just seek self-satisfaction as they are bothered by the fact that there are
people out their whose judgment led them to a different conclusion. I see
the same patterns when it comes to personal preferences, e.g. technical and
love-related.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz
Swap:  1036184k total,   375344k used,   660840k free,    66748k cached