Re: Google search results being redirected to advertiser pages.

  • Subject: Re: Google search results being redirected to advertiser pages.
  • From: "Dana" <raff242@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2006 13:50:20 -0800
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
news:2708139.AOzUUyMvdJ@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> __/ [ John Bokma ] on Saturday 16 September 2006 21:45 \__
>
> > "Dana" <raff242@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> >> Recently, like yesterday my IE6 browser started to be redirected when
> >> clicking on the search results from a google search.
> >
> > Example URL?
>

> This sounds like it /could/ be a case malware. There were incidents last
year
> when users were redirected to a fake Google or always received
pr0nographic
> sites in search results. The sites were owned by some German network,
IIRC,
> which cashed in on AdSense.
>

> >> You can see that after clicking on the google link returned from the
> >> search that you begin to go to the correct page, but then the
> >> redirection happens and you can see a new address appear on the bottom
> >> of the browser and you are redirected to a site that is mostly
> >> advertisements for something related to my search.
> >
> > Your browser might have been hijacked. Download the usual garbage
removing
> > tools, and run them. Next learn why it's unwise to work with
Administrator
> > rights all the time, it might help.
>

> Oh, hasn't read that before replying to the bit at the top, so the
disgnosis
> appears to intersect. It might also be worth upgrading the Web browser by
> switching to something less permissive and exposed. Opera seems like a
good
> candidate.
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Roy

Thank you for the replies.
I have already run the spybot search and destroy, Trojan hunter, Ad aware,
and none of them find anything, even after downloaded to the lastest
definitions.
What I find odd, is that searches performed from the Yahoo search engine do
not give the same problems as exhibited by the Google searches.
I read an online blog, where google results were hijacked, and people were
sent to different locations when clicking on the search result links.
Anyone hear about something like that.