Re: [News] New XGL Goodness: Motion Blur

__/ [ Gubo Dangle ] on Saturday 16 September 2006 20:57 \__

> It happens that Roy Schestowitz formulated :
>> Xgl / Compiz Motion Blur
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>> Demo of motion blur on a bleeding edge build, completely unedited.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-Ln4xQhILs
>>
>> And that's a _low-quality_ video...
>
> And there's a point to this feature?

Fair point.

One could, of course, find it sufficiently motivational when working on a
butt-ugly desktop.

http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/~af380/MyDeskTop-Jun-22-2005.gif

Personally, I find that a visually-rich environment, much like good music,
can make the overall experience much more enjoyable/tolerable and the final
product better. I am convinced that many studies were conducted to support
this hypothesis. Same chorus when it comes to field of view (e.g. multi-head
displays), lighting conditions/brightness, daylight/visibility of nature,
noise, presence of the opposite sex and so on.