Re: Ten reasons to dump Windows

__/ [ Borys Musielak ] on Friday 15 September 2006 20:36 \__

> http://polishlinux.org/gnu/10-reasons-to-dump-windows-part-i/
>
> An article which I guess fits to this group.
>
> "Microsoft has reached an enormous success with its Windows product
> during the last decade and practically monopolized the market for home
> computer operating systems. But, does it mean Windows is still the best
> OS around, especially for power users? I'm going to cumulate my Windows
> XP frustrations and tell you about the top 10 reasons why I decided to
> dump Windows and use GNU/Linux as my primary desktop OS."
>
> This is just part I. Parts II and II are planned to be published later
> this month.

I like that site. It has some good material, including that Linux laptop
instructional guide. But hasn't the above gone a little ;off the headlines'
by now? I don't think I ever saw the sequels, which I hope make a case as
strong as the first 3 points/classes of points. Troubleshooting/rich and
expressive CLI come to mind as a vital tool that Windows truly lacks.