Re: ~article~ Are you Google's gopher?

__/ [ John Bokma ] on Friday 15 September 2006 16:59 \__

> Big Bill <kruse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 15 Sep 2006 14:02:52 GMT, John A.
>> <no.john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>>On Fri, 15 Sep 2006 11:15:46 GMT, Big Bill <kruse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>>wrote:
>
> [..]

>>>URL?
>>
>> Dunno, I lost it. It's on some forum.
>
> Maybe next year you can switch to ReactOS:
> http://www.reactos.org/xhtml/en/index.html
>
> "ReactOS is an effort to create a Free Software replacement for Microsoft
> Windows(TM) that is compatible with existing hardware and software!"
>
> And at least they got this right: "The main reason of ReactOS is the
> simple fact that some people, or especially companies, will -never- switch
> to Unix."
>
> "Please bear in mind that ReactOS 0.3.0 is still in alpha stage and is not
> recommended for everyday use."
>
> Anyway, if you want to check it out, either install it on a computer
> that's not used a lot, or run it in vmware's player.

John, several guys in comp.os.linux.advocacy (COLA) have been dabbling in
ReactOS recently. It's not quite ready yet. For a test box -- go for it!
*smile* Same with PC-BSD.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Avoid missing ball for higher score"
Cpu(s):  19.3% user,   2.7% system,   0.9% nice,  77.1% idle