Re: Pettiness from both sides.

begin  oe_protect.scr
William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:
> This message was posted on Usenet, NOT JLAforums, & on  Wed, 13 Sep 2006
> 09:13:25 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> __/ [ spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx ] on Wednesday 13 September 2006 09:00 \__
>>
>>> Chris Wilkinson <blobster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> did eloquently scribble:

>>> pretty much so, but the linux side are HONEST little snivelling
>>> nothing-better-to-do winge-merchants.
>>>
>>> So nyer.
>>
>> I find COLA very educational. To trolls, it's merely a place to vent
>> anger.
>
> Yes, there are some interesting threads. And when you cut the trolls out,
> & the replies to them (which I'm now doing), it's quite a readable froup.
> I'm still testing the new filters BTW, & this morning's download via
> leafnode seems like it's cut a *lot* more froth out! ;-)

I think, perhaps unsurprisingly, that as the [News] items have become
established, many of the best threads have kicked-off from there.  It's
certainly been instrumental in improving s/n ratio, including in terms
of quality threads.

I started aggressively filtering about 2-3 years ago, previously, I used
to "sin-bin" some posters, for a month, but after a while, I realised
that I was just doing them again and again, so I just do it more
permanently now :-)

Fill what's empty, empty what's full, scratch where it itches.
		-- Alice Roosevelt Longworth