Re: Pettiness from both sides.

begin  risky.vbs
	<pan.2006.09.14.22.35.48.689764@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
	William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> This message was posted on Usenet, NOT JLAforums, & on  Thu, 14 Sep 2006
> 20:26:16 +0100, Mark Kent wrote:
>
>> Yes, I use leafnode and mutt.  Leafnode can filter on all headers,
>> as you know, and so does for kman and his ilk.  Mutt is pretty
>> good, has regex support, and can filter for periods of time (which
>> I don't really do any more), and is perhaps a tiny bit easier to
>> play with.
>
> Ok, Mark. Roy asked me a question about kf'ing trolls & people's
> replies to trolls, *without* kf'ing their other posts. Based on what
> he uses in knode, I think I've come up with a solution for Leafnode
> filters, & I've been testing some of them for a day or so. So far it
> seems to be succesful, as I'm not seeing any of the trolls posts
> *nor* any replies people make to them. However I still get their
> non-troll posts.  I *may* also have a solution which could be used
> with knode (perhaps slrn too), though as I've used Leafnode for a
> few years I'm somewhat rusty on setting their filters.

I use leafnode and knews (now't to do with kde). Now knews isn't
developed anymore but it does have fantastic filtering IMHO. It can
kill on several headers including From and Subject. The big win, as far
as I'm concerned, is that for each filter I can tell it to kill by
thread or sub-thread.

So take billwg as an example. He's not only a tiresome bull-shitter
but gets fed ad nauseum so I kill him by sub-thread. His posts and any
replies to his posts are killed. With knews I can go into thread view
mode if I want to see his posts and replies if I want to.

knews ain't the most glamorous of newsreaders but for me its overall
simplicity and great filtering win the day.

--
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as
false, and by rulers as useful." -- Seneca the Younger (4? BC - 65 AD)