Re: Two Percent of Desktops? Who cares?

  • Subject: Re: Two Percent of Desktops? Who cares?
  • From: flatfish+++ <flatfish@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 20:43:02 -0400
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
On Wed, 13 Sep 2006 02:18:33 +0200, Hadron Quark wrote:

> Q : you have a killer app idea. You want to aim it at "Linux" (inverted
> commas on purpose) - what API will you use for this app? You want to
> integrate it with the desktop. Which desktop or Window Manager?
>
> This is the problem and will continue to be.
>

> As there are Linux users doing the same : and much as I hate it when,
> being realistic, I'm labelled as a "windiot" etc, the only people
> seeming to do it with any case are myself, DFS, Erik, Flatfish  and
> Markzoom.

The bozos in COLA will never accept anything less than the "Linux is
wonderful and Microsoft sucks" mantra.

To most people an operating system is just another program.
To most people, Linux doesn't even exist.

> Admittedly some with more zeal than others.
>
> But, its ridiculous when so called "advocacy" turns into "windows is
> shit" and "linux is perfect". It  makes the whole cause look like, well,
> ridiculous.

Welcome to COLA.
These bozos are so rabid, so full of the Linux religion that they have no
idea how the rest of the earth functions.

> I *want* Linux to work : but this whole "choice" thing ties its shoes
> together at the whistle.

With 350+ and distributions, and increasing daily, Linux is one huge
clusterfsck!

Commercial companies are afraid of comitting to Linux because they ask
themselves the question:: Which Linux?

> Linux is great : but there are many failings, and the sooner these are
> addressed for the common "user" then the sooner it will fins itself on
> the average users desktop.

The common user has no interest in Linux unless someone shows it to them,
sets it up for them and holds their hand when they can't find equivilants
for the applications they will miss using under Windows.

> A good example are lunatics like KÃhlmann and Rick proclaiming that
> administering  a stable desktop doesnt require the commandline : when
> even 2 seconds browsing any Linux forum assures one that it is indeed
> necessary in many, many cases.

The COLA Gang are nothing more than a bunch of vigilantes that actually
denigrate Linux.
People laugh at that bunch and have been doing so for many years.

Then you have maniacs like Shestowhich, Poaster and Kent.

Anybody can easily see that these people are nutsacks obsessed with Linux
to the core.

They do little to help Linux and more to hurt it.