Re: [News] Some XP Lifelines Already Being Cut

On Fri, 29 Sep 2006 15:41:46 +0100

> Windows XP SP1 support ends October 10
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | A reminder for Microsoft customers out there who are using Windows
> XP | Service Pack (SP) 1 or 1a: Microsoft is ending support for those
> | Windows updates on October 10.
> `----
>
> http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=21
>
> This relates to forced upgrades to Vista, which introduces 'useful'
> features such as DRM.
>
> Jo Foley has apparently got a contract with ZDNet (also Ziff Davis)
> while Peter Galli takes care of Microsoft Watch.

If only we could patch the bugs ourselves... if only we had the sores
code.

... and on the other hand, 2.2 is still maintained on www.kernel.org.
And for good reason too as it's used in a lots of small devices.

For the curious, all versions are available for download from
http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/.

--
Regards, Ed                      :: http://s5h.net/qf
proud unix hacker