Re: Vista Sucks (WGA)

  • Subject: Re: Vista Sucks (WGA)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 21:33:02 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ Peter Hayes ] on Thursday 28 September 2006 09:44 \__

> In <1159411371.258591@xxxxxxxxxx> High Plains Thumper  wrote:
>> yttrx wrote:
>>
>>> http://blogs.zdnet.com/Bott/?p=143
>>>
>>> Jesus.
>>
>> Yes, yttrx, that is disturbing.  I do not know of any other validation
>> scheme that locks one out without advice on how to recover.  Paying an
>> additional hundred quid for a roached original and legally purchased
>> copy is IMHO, extortion.
>
> It's either a bug in RC1 or a try on. Take your pick.

This is excellent news!!! Only earlier today I thought about all these
pirated copies of Office that essentially make Microsoft Office as cheap as
OpenOffice (free). I look forward to seeing more of ODF. PowerPoint 2003, by
the way, appears to be interchangeable (including common macros) with
OpenOffice Impress. That left me impressed!