Re: We've been duped!

__/ [ Darth Chaos ] on Tuesday 26 September 2006 23:51 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> __/ [ B Gruff ] on Tuesday 26 September 2006 14:55 \__
>>
>> > Ye gods!
>> >
>> > I've just found the "source" of flattie, DFS, all the nyms, Erik and all
>> > the rest!
>> >
>> > Why didn't we spot it before, I wonder?
>> >
>> > http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/09/25/bogus_ai/
>>
>> Yesterday I found a reference to Microsoft's technology which prevents
>> antitrust lawsuits from being successful/severe enough.
>>
>> http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=34605
>>
>>         Emails that self destruct arrive
>>
>> NB (context) - Microsoft has begun purging all mail that is older than 6
>> months, unless placed at a particular folder/directory
>
> **cough**ENRON**cough**
>
> It's almost as if the Enron execs are secretly running Microsoft.

Exactly my thoughts. I discussed it in depth with Nessuno at the time. His
thinking aligned with yours perfectly! Speaking of Enron, I am reminded of a
particular quote:

"There you have it. At least a third of SCO's entire market capitalization,
and their entire current cash reserves, is payoffs funnelled from Microsoft.
Their 10Qs reveal that every other line of cash inflow is statistical noise
by comparison. The brave new SCOsource business model is now clear: sue your
customers, shill for Microsoft, kite your stock, and pray you stay out of
jail."

http://www.catb.org/~esr/halloween/halloween10.html

Microsoft wants those truthful Halloween memos eliminated (for a reason).