Re: U.S. lobbying in Europe

__/ [ John Bailo ] on Tuesday 26 September 2006 23:58 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> "Microsoft's lobbying of the Bush Administration to intervene on its
>> behalf in its antitrust battle with the EU, is bearing fruit."

Off-topic-ish: I keep letting be all those nasty typos. I should stop
rereading my messages once they are posted. *sigh* I am relieved that folks
in this group accept them and don't complain too much.

> I'm amazed they have to *lobby* for this.
>
> Under Clinton it was a given that they'd cave in to Microsoft.
>
> Guess the Republicans (some) believe in Free Market economics.

I guess you could rob the words "Free" and "Market" from that unjustified
capitalisation. *smile* I also would encourage adding scare quotes to
market. More than ever before (well, I'm still young), it seems like
corruption and self-interest drive and give motive those those elected by
us. There has to be a better way...

Best wishes,

Roy

PS - Enjoyed those camping pictures... I presume the tend had no Wi-Fi for
NG/UseNet access...

--
Roy S. Schestowitz      | while (!0==1) echo 'Bill Gates' > /dev/null
Tasks: 150 total,   1 running, 146 sleeping,   0 stopped,   3 zombie