Re: Gael Duval Interview

On 2006-09-26, AM Christophe <xxxx@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Hey folks,
>>
>> I thought a few of your would be intersted in this new Duval interview.
>>
>> http://www.thejemreport.com/mambo/content/view/282/1/
>

> For me, do you know what Duval should have done ? Fork Mandrivalinux, add
> all the missing things he talks about and asks the community to help. He
> would have receive more help from the community.

snip

The latest edition of "Linux Format" magazine (number 85 'November'
<http://www.linuxformat.co.uk/> - the articles archive is only up to
'September' at present) has an interesting interview with him,
concentrating on the development of "Ulteo", with the first clues as to
what it is going to be - even more than the official website
<http://www.ulteo.com/main/index.php>.  There's a screenshot of Ulteo
running within a Firefox window ...

Apparently, and not un-naturally, he did intend to start Ulteo from a
Mandriva base - but when Mandriva released Mandriva One to club members he
found that his club membership had been "deleted" so he couldn't download
it.  So Ubuntu (actually, Kubuntu for the sake of familiar KDE), being
somewhat in the spirit of the original Mandrake, was chosen instead.

--
--  Whiskers