Re: This is a lame news group. Is there better place to discuss Linux?

  • Subject: Re: This is a lame news group. Is there better place to discuss Linux?
  • From: Konan <nocan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 07:10:24 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
On Mon, 25 Sep 2006 14:45:16 -0400, Aftab Singh wrote:

> I am new linux user and seeks some advice to help people switch to linux.
> I find this group but it seems to be mostly spam from newsbot.
> Can anyone offer a better place on internet to talk about Linux?
> Thank you for consideration Aftab Singh

The 'bot' you are referring to is not a machine.  It is a self appointed
news junkie who spews his mostly unwanted [NEWS] onto the users of this
group.

This is not a group for serious discussion of Linux.  There are many for
that, just pick another group with Linux in the title.  This one is really
a flame group for hammering back and forth between Linuxers and Windopes
and is usually a lot of fun - if you can find some bandwidth between the
news crap.  Just don't ask about /etc/rc2.d and expect a usable answer
here.

Konan