Re: Does this look like a migration to you ?

  • Subject: Re: Does this look like a migration to you ?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2006 20:08:35 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.www.webmaster
__/ [ Paul ] on Sunday 24 September 2006 15:56 \__

> On Sun, 24 Sep 2006 15:07:59 +0100, Paul
> <lamewolf2004[REMOVE]@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>Hi All
>>As some of you are aware, I have had problems with two of my sites.
>>
>>Many people have said that my sites are down. I see it, but others
>>don't and I do know there is a problem.
>>
>>I just did a whois on both sites and whois says :
>>
>>500 Can't connect to 216.74.123.32:80 (connect: timeout)
>>
>>I have just looked at my helm details and they have been changed [not
>>by me] to :
>>
>>ns1.winsdns.com - 66.111.202.111
>>ns2.winsdns.com - 66.111.202.112
>>
>>I have a feeling that this is the cause of the problem. I think they
>>are migrating to these new servers but not told anyone.
>>
>>When I ftp, I am still in the 216. range.
>
> To add to this message.
> I pinged my site and it tried to connect to 216.74. range
> I then pinged my hosting company which appeared in the 66.111. range
> Then I pinged the company that took over my hosting company and that
> too was in the 66.111. range.
>
> So, both companies are using IP 66.111.xxxxx and yet my site is still
> in 216.74.xxxxxx

The DNS servers worldwide might still be out of sync. If the new IP is
unreachable, contact the host.

__/ [ Paul ] on Sunday 24 September 2006 15:07 \__

> This is so stressful.
> Any ideas what could be happening ? Is it a migration ?

No justification for stress. It may be normal. I can recall the same
behaviour when A List Aside relocated. Give it a day or two at most.

Best wishes,

For governments that eavesdrop, here is a quick list of tags: Communism,
Hawaiian shirts, China, Suitcase, Martha Stewart,